- Silos, cliques and turf wars
- Slow decision making
- Information hoarding
- Time wasted on internal competition
- Change without progress
Every organization is political. Because when smart people compete for limited resources, they get political.
The problem isn’t the existence of politics: it’s the lack of Political IQ.
People who have high Political IQ adeptly navigate the organization. They skillfully:
- Read the organizational chess board
- Earn gratitude and goodwill
- Successfully influence others’ viewpoints
- Work through challenges and changes